This project is read-only.

Customisng the Site Directory.

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Hi All,

I have been playing around with the site directory solution for a little while, but I need it to do a specific thing! Is this possible?

I need to spilt my organisations SharePoint solution up into three separate top level Sites:- Teams, Meetings and Projects, when a new sub-site is created I want it to be listed under one of the listed top level site (or in the case of the teams site I would like to further split this to reflect the organisations directorates).

Currently when a new site is created it just lists it under the 1 site directory and as the number of sites grow this will lead to a massive list and prove difficult for end users to find their required site! Also on this note is it possible to restrict the users view in the site directory to only the sites they have permissions to view?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I hope what I am aiming to achieve above is clear?

Regards

Nick

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I created more columns and although I had to manually add the information it allowed me to “Sort” per se into the areas I needed such as City, Department, Group, etc.

Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 5:39 AM
To: Kirby, Torey
Subject: Customisng the Site Directory. [SPSiteDirectory2010:344689]

Hi All,

I have been playing around with the site directory solution for a little while, but I need it to do a specific thing! Is this possible?

I need to spilt my organisations SharePoint solution up into three separate top level Sites:- Teams, Meetings and Projects, when a new sub-site is created I want it to be listed under one of the listed top level site (or in the case of the teams site I would like to further split this to reflect the organisations directorates).

Currently when a new site is created it just lists it under the 1 site directory and as the number of sites grow this will lead to a massive list and prove difficult for end users to find their required site! Also on this note is it possible to restrict the users view in the site directory to only the sites they have permissions to view?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I hope what I am aiming to achieve above is clear?

Regards

Nick

IRS Circular 230 Required Notice--IRS regulations require that we inform you as follows: Any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended to be used and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or tax-related matter[s].

Information contained in this transmission is attorney privileged and confidential. It is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by telephone.