Site Data Webpart Not Populating

Jun 22, 2011 at 9:29 PM
Edited Jun 22, 2011 at 9:29 PM

I am at a bit of a loss here, followed the installation gude and everything seems to be working except for the webpart output.

The solution is properly installed in the farm across all webs and central admin.
I have configured it to poll one of the webs for the data.
The list has been populated with what looks to be correct data.
The web part has been added to the page and all field exceptions were removed.

I would expect to see the web part render the data (or at-least blank rows similar to other users) yet nothing is rendered at all. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Jun 23, 2011 at 7:56 AM

Hi the first thing to check is that the site that contains the webpart does have alisting in the site directory.

Also make sure that users acessing eth site have at leats read access to the Site Listings list.

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I did as you suggested and the webpart is now returning a single result representing the root site where the webpart has been placed.

The site and associated list is sitting at devwebapp/sites/SiteList , webpart at the default homepage of devwebapp.
I am accessing the page as secondary farm admin so I have full access to everything.
The scan job is working across 3 different webapps with ~20ish items on the list (18/1/1).

From the look of the code, it should be populating all of the site listings within from this web (root) but it does not. Any ideas why it would only be populating the root element?
The "include subsites" checkbox was selected in the SiteDirectory configuration.

I think including a screenshot of the finished project might be a good addition, Its hard to tell if the functionality presented is the expected result or not.

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2011 at 7:50 AM

Hi, it sounds like the webpart is working as it should do.

The webpart will only ever show details for the specific site it is placed in, not all sites in that site collection.

If you place the website in the sub-sites too, it will show the site listing details for that sub-site.

The 'include sub-sites' check box means that the scan job will add listing for every sub-site as well as the site collection root, but this does not affect the behaviour of the webpart.

Good point regarding screen shots. Please can you add this as an Issue Tracker list so that we pick it up when we do the next version.

Jun 24, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Ok thank you, mainly I wanted the to ensure my results matched the expected results.

I had assumed the webpart would traverse the root and output any subsites (and vice versa) via the webpart within the individual site collections.

Thanks for your assistance.