This project is read-only.

Adding Categories to Sites

May 6, 2011 at 1:42 AM
Edited May 6, 2011 at 1:42 AM

Hi Thanks for this solutions really comes in handy as a Site directory replacement

I am trying to achieve a categorisation of sites when they are created (similarly in 2007). how would this be achieved with this solution?

Ideally we want categories to be displayed on the site creation screen and then group by this category on the Site Directory Site Listing

Thanks for your help

Tristan

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:06 AM

The solution gives you a standard list with as much metadata about the sites as we can obtain programatically. We deliberatley left the list in a more-or-less default configuration so that as administrators you can create whichever list views and list view webparts that make sense in your organisation. I'd encourage you to have a look at creating some views on the 'site listings' list to show the categories you need.

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the response.

Ideally i want to be able to group sites by their parent web but cant see that the solution collects the parent web of the site, is it possible to collect the parentweb of the site?

Thanks

Tristan

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Collecting the parent web is a great idea. please add it to the issue tracker as a feature request and we'll look to include it in the next update.

Thanks