It seems that the Status section in the Configure Site Directory Site option triggers the scan job for the last web application configured. Like I said, I have two web apps with the feature enabled on both of them. I cleared out the site directory list on
each web app and configured the scan job to run every minute.
- Went into Configure Site Directory Site and enabled the first web app (http://web1)
- Went into Configure Site Directory Site end enabled the second web app (http://web2)
- Viewed the list on web1 and it was empty
- Viewed the list on web2 and it was full (with sites from both web1 and web2)
- Cleared out both lists
- Went into Configure Site Directory Site and enabled the first web app again (http://web1)
- Viewed the list on web1 it was full (with sites from both web1 and web2)
- Viewed the list on web2 and it was empty
So, you cannot have two site directory sites configured at the same time. I'm pretty sure you can have one site directory site setup and configure mutiple web apps to be scanned independently so if you want a central site directory for everything this
Hopefully this will be recognized as a bug or missing feature and be fixed at some point.