v1.4 OWSTimer Cryptographic Exception

May 20, 2010 at 3:20 PM
First, there are some items needed for the new webpart, that are missing and the project' source code does not compile. When I remove these(which I don't need, since I test only the "Site Listing"), on deploy, I get this: http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/746/owstimerexception.jpg Anybody experiencing such issues?!
May 20, 2010 at 4:43 PM

I fount a clue - the sharepoint Farm power user won't experience such behaviour, since the timer service is run under them!

(Excuse me for my English)

Coordinator
May 20, 2010 at 6:13 PM

I have configured the visual studio project to restart the timer service after deployment so that it picks up the new DLLs, if you remove this step you will not see this message. I'm not sure why the message occurs in the first place, i think this is a sharepoint thing rather than anything to do with the code.

Regarding the project source, I'm not sure what that is not compiling, my version works fine. Can you give me some details on which items Visual Studio reports are missing? When you got the source code, did you 'get latest'?

May 25, 2010 at 1:19 PM

I promise to give you details on which items Visual Studio reports are missing, BUT do I have to "get latest version", which will connect to a online "source safe"-resource in order to get the latest version?! Why cannot I just download the latest version?!

Coordinator
May 25, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Yes, so long as you did download the latest version you should be fine.

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2010 at 4:54 PM

FYI ... v0.5 is avaliable now which addresses this issue. It turns out that my local file paths were too long so certain items were not uploaded to Codpelex. The latest changeset has the full source code.